How to Take Part
1. Decide on a website you want to draw to people’s attention; it doesn’t have to be your own, though it can be.
2. Turn the website address (url) into a QR Code through a code generator. There are many on the web, it doesn’t matter to us which one you use, for example qrcode.kaywa.com or www.qrstuff.com or delivr.com/qr-code-generator or www.beqrious.com/generator or
3. Save the image of the QR code*.
4. Turn it into a textiles pattern
a. Feel free to create your QR code freehand
b. Or manually with the aid of graph paper
c. If you need help, try using a programme such as Cat Mazza’s free knit-pro programme which asks you to upload your image and will produce a graph for you where one pixel = 1 stitch
5. Create your QR code in textiles
6. Take a photo of your work, upload it to Flickr, and add it to this pool by SUNDAY 31ST JULY
Then enjoy the work other people have included and wait to hear back from us about whether we can include your piece in the exhibition.
*You can check your code works by testing it on your phone. Download a code reader app to your mobile phone. Some freely available readers are listed here http://www.mobile-barcodes.com/qr-code-software/ or check your phone manufacturer's app page or app store for more.